The Triumph Street Triple is a tri cylinder sport bike and has 675cc on displacement. The bike is modeled on the Speed Triple 1050 which is sport bike with larger displacement. This Triumph naked bike was first debuted in 2006 and falls in the class of street fighter. The bike uses Daytonas 675cc, inline three, liquid cooled engine that generates 105 horsepower at 11,700 rpm and churns around 50lbftof torque. The performance of the 675cc Daytona engine is reasonable as it is in par with Yamaha YZF-R6, which was the first bike to generate above 100 horsepower with 600cc on displacement. Its not only the engine that Triple borrows from Daytona, it also uses the same chassis.
The motorcycle was spied with a spy test video leaked before the bike was officially announced. Triumph Street Triple was first uncovered in Neukrichen, Austria.
Soon after its release, Triumph dealers were pumped with orders. The motorcycle falls in between 250cc bikes and the mightier 1000cc super bikes. Being a middle segment motorcycle, the bike doesnt sound of feel like one. It felt much more powerful and also the sound from the exhausts gave a impression of a bigger motorcycle on streets and on highways. The rising popularity of the Triple made its buyers to wait up to six months.
The most closely comparable naked street bike to the Triple is Yamahas FZ6 S2 that is with ABS. the bike was equally fun to ride and with performance figures worth to compare. The fuel injected parallel four cylinder engine is capable enough to generate 102 hp and 63.1 nm at 10,000 rpm. The engine on the Yamaha FZ6 is based on the sport Yamaha YZF-R6. The next competitor is the Kawasaki ER-6n. The ER-6n falls in the same category as the Triumph Street Triple, with 649cc on the displacement the bike generates nearly equal horsepower and a torque of 48.5 lbft.
The Triple is in between some serious 600cc offerings from the Japanese.
Triumph Street Triple only borrows its engine from the Daytona 675, but comes with a altogether distinctive styling. The exterior styling employed makes the bike a true street fighter. The bike is offered with new colors Matte Graphite and Matte Blazing Orange.
– Engine type : Liquid cooled, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinde
– Capacity : 675cc
– Bore/Stroke : 74 x 52.3 mm
– Fuel System : Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
– Final Drive : O ring chain
– Clutch : Wet, multi-plate
– Gearbox : 6-speed, close ratio
– Maximum Power : 105bhp @ 11700 rpm
– Maximum Torque : 50 ft.lbs @ 9200 rpm
– Swingarm : Braced, twin-sided, aluminum alloy
– Front Suspension :Kayaba 41mm upside down forks, 120mm travel
– Rear Suspension : Kayaba monoshock with adjustable preload, 126mm rear wheel travel
– Front Brakes: Nissin 2-piston sliding calipers, Twin 308mm floating discs,
– Rear Brakes: Nissin single piston caliper, Single 220mm disc
-Wet Weight: 416 lbs
-Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.6 US gals