Sore Throat Causes and Natural Home Remedies
Sore throat is a quite common problem. One is said to suffer from sore throat when the pharynx or back of throat gets inflamed. The membrane covering the pharynx may turn red in case of sore throat. When soreness occurs, there is much irritation of throat, pain in throat. The patient may find it difficult to swallow food and the voice may turn hoarse. There may also be post-nasal drip if the inflammation extends to nasal passages. The lymph nodes may also swell and turn tender. Cough, chills, fever, headache, ear ache, stuffy or runny nose etc may accompany sore throat. The causes of this problem may be listed as follows:
1. Bacterial or viral infections as in the case of ailments like common cold and flu, influenza, tonsillitis, sinusitis, diphtheria, measles, mumps etc.
2. Breathing through mouth
3. Medications like antibiotics, immune-compromising drugs etc.
5. Throat cancer
8. Excessive smoking
9. Talking loudly or shouting.
1. Boil some basil leaves in water. Strain and drink the water and also use some of the water for gargling. This is a solution to sore throat problem.
2. Extract the fluid out of mango bark. Mix 10 ml of the fluid in 125 ml water. Gargle with the solution. This produces rewarding results.
3. Make a mixture of four cloves of garlic, one-eighth teaspoon cayenne and one tablespoon honey. Take spoonful of the mixture and chew the ingredients thoroughly to get rid of sore throat.
4. An Epsom salt bath yields good results.
5. Saline water gargling is an age-old but quite useful remedy.
6. Frequent drinking of chamomile tea soothes throat pain and irritation.
7. Add 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, juice of one-fourth of lemon, 1 teaspoon honey and a pinch of cayenne pepper to a cup of warm water. Stir and drink up to 4 cups daily. This is an effective home remedy for sore throat.
8. Boil cinnamon powder in 1 glass water. Add a pinch of pepper powder and some honey. Stir and drink the solution. This is beneficial in treating this problem.
9. One can also take a teaspoon of cinnamon oil mixed with honey. This cures throat problems.
10. Gargling with Aloe Vera juice is a useful remedy.
11. Steep 1 cup honeysuckle flowers in a quarter of boiling water for 10 minutes. Filter, sweeten with honey and drink 4 cups every day. This solves this throat problem.
12. Chewing of garlic piece is an easy remedy.
13. Boil 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds in water. Strain and use the water for gargling. This alleviates soreness in throat.
14. Drink red sage tea regularly. This is a useful cure.
Read about effective Home Remedies for Sore Throat. Also know about Home Remedies for Scars. Read about Home Remedies for Sinusitis.