There are a lot of people that have struggled with acne all of their lives and then there are those fortunate few who have no clue of what it is really is about! Others again only experience it slightly through their teen years and never have to deal with it again! And then there are also a small number of unlucky people that only break out later in their adulthood.
The main question of what really causes acne still remains on so many people’s minds. Well, multiple factors actually contribute to this problem.
One is a change in what they call keratin – a protein produced by skin cells. Excess keratin can clump together and block the oil ducts within the hair follicles, producing bumps that all of mankind knows as spots or pimples. The actual bacteria that live in these hair follicles can also play a role in acne problems. Natural Herbal Remedies For Acne could be of help with this particular problem. Ever heard of face smoothies? Well, fruit acids help to get rid of the excess keratin and dead skin cells! Blend grapes, strawberries or pineapple husks in a blender and apply the mixture like a mask. Leave for 10-15 minutes and wash off. Alternatively, look for products containing fruit acids – they act like commercial salicylic acid formulas without the side effects.
Acne seems to affect boys and girls equally in their teens, but adult acne are more common in woman than in men! The main explanation according to the experts seems to be the hormonal changes that occur during the menstrual cycle.
Other things that have been blamed for acne like eating chocolates or diet-related theories remain unproved! They have in fact no good and definite evidence behind them. (Good news for all the chocolate lovers out there!)
Unfortunately many people still believe that acne is associated with dirty skin, this resulting in them aggressively washing and scrubbing their faces. Frequent washing in actual fact aggravates the condition tremendously. Besides, washing morning and evening with a mild cleanser is sufficient enough and actually the better option.
Following is a list of 11 Natural Herbal Remedies For Acne. This being:
1. Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia): This Australian tree is used externally and acts against the bacteria associated with acne.
2. Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia): This well known herb is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and astringent.
3. Burdock (Arctium lappa): This root is taken internally to promote sweating and urination.
4. Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale): This root taken internally also disposes of unwanted skin bacteria. In addition, it stimulates digestion, supports the liver and is moderately anti-inflammatory.
5. Calendula (Calendula officinalis): This traditional herbal remedy is for many skin problems. It is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
6. Agnus castus (Vitex agnus-castus): Not to be used if you are pregnant! This aids acne when it is hormone related.
7. Oregon Graperoot (Berberis aquifolium) and Goldenseal (Hydrastis Canadensis): Do not use either of these herbs internally when you are pregnant! External use is safe though. Both these herbs assist in two ways. Firstly, they promote good digestion and liver function. Secondly, berberine, which both herbs contain, is a potent antibacterial herb.
8. Camomile (Matricaria recutita)
This flowery herb contains the anti-inflammatory oil azulene, which is applied externally.
9. Rose (Rosa spp.): A heavenly smelling, soothing flower with antiseptic properties for external use.
10. Grapefruit Seed Extract : This is a potent antimicrobial agent that fights bacteria externally.
11. Aloe (Aloe Vera): A soothing, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial gel. Buy only the pure gel and use topically.