The menstruation is defined as monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of non-pregnant woman from the period of puberty to menopause. Stopped menstrual flow is a major indication for conceiving a child. The normal menstrual flow comes for 3-5 days and the normal cycle pattern range from 24-32 days.
Read more on Treatment of irregular menstruation and Treatment for Vaginal Discharge. Also visit on irregular menstruation cycle
Causes of irregular menstruations are:
2. Extreme exercises and over exercising
6. Birth control drugs or pills
Treatment for Irregular Periods
Women with irregular periods are often prescribed fertility drugs like Clomid to increase the number of ovulation periods. But if you would rather try a more natural approach, you might want to see a naturopathic doctor first to see if they can prescribe a less harsh treatment.
Although anovulation can usually be treated with fertility drugs, it is important to rule out other conditions that could interfere with ovulation, such as liver disease, diabetes, problems with the ovaries, and abnormalities of the adrenal, pituitary, or thyroid glands, which produce important hormones.
Irregular Periods and Getting Pregnant
Irregular periods can be troublesome when trying to get pregnant. Irregular or abnormal ovulation and menstruation accounts for 30% to 40% of all cases of infertility. Irregularity, per se, is not necessarily a problem if you learn how to chart your fertility signs, especially cervical fluid, to determine when you are approaching your short window of fertility. But, if cycles are very long, it means by definition, that ovulation is not occurring as often as it would with a typical monthly cycle, a condition known clinically as anovulation.
There are numerous factors that determine how fertile a woman is, such as her age, whether and how often she ovulates, whether her cervical fluid is wet enough to sustain sperm, whether her fallopian tubes are open, etc. But the most important of all is the release of the egg itself. If you don’t release an egg, meaning you don’t ovulate, you don’t have as many opportunities to get pregnant.
Remedies or Treatment for Irregular Menstruation.
1. Grind 3-4 fresh hibiscus flowers. They are either red or pink, and their scientific name is hibiscus rosa-sinensis. Take five red flowers, grind them to a paste, and have this on an empty stomach with water for 5-7 days before the normal expected due date of your periods. These flowers have an anti-oestrogenic quality, which helps to regularise the oestrogen / progestron balance and initiate the menstrual flow in time.
2. Aloe-leaf pulp: Skin 2-3 aloe leaves and collect the pulp. Boil it till it becomes brown. Cool. Mash it to make a paste. This has a slight bitter taste, so have it with water or apple juice every morning on an empty stomach for 5-7 days. The dose is a teaspoonful. This also has a purgative action, so decrease the dose if required.
3. Have a teaspoon of fresh holy basilleaf juice with a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of black pepper powder twice a day for 4-6 weeks. This regularises the periods.
4. Make a decoction with a teaspoon of old jaggery and a teaspoon of pounded omum seeds. Have with hot water twice a day for 3-4 days before the due date of the periods.