Fibrocystic breast disease is a condition in which the breasts feel lumpy and there is pain, swelling and tenderness. There are certain factors which might cause fibrocystic breasts such as pregnancy, stress, smoking, excess weight, hormonal variation, consumption of high fat diet, excess intake of caffeine, decreased efficiency of cellular clean up and the activity of apoptosis during which inflammation and many fragments of broken cells may cause the disease. Some common symptoms of this problem are single or multiple lump, swollen or tender breasts, discomfort in breasts and mild to severe pain in breasts.
Fibrocystic Breast Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for fibrocystic breast which are simple and very effective when tried at home. Some of the popular home remedies for fibrocystic breast are:
1. One of the effective home remedies for fibrocystic breast is to massage it with ginger oil. After the massage you can use warm cloth as a compress in order to get relief from the pain.
2. Take one teaspoon of dandelion root, one teaspoon of mullein leaves, one teaspoon of burdock root, half teaspoon of cleavers leaves and half teaspoon of prickly ash bark. Now mix all of these items in one quart of water. You can drink this tea twice daily.
3. Dong qui is basically a Chinese herb which stimulates liver function and corrects hormonal imbalance.
4. Consume food rich vitamin B such as, pork, muesli, salmon, beans, cheese, milk, turkey, trout, cod, beef, bran flakes, whole grains and many varieties of vegetables and fruits.
5. Take a lukewarm water and mix ten drops of lavender essential oil, three drops of chamomile oil, three drops of essential oils and half teaspoon of calendula flowers tincture. Now take a cotton cloth and soak it in this mixture. You can put this cloth on the lumps for almost five minutes. Soak it again in warm mixture and then apply on the same place. Repeat this process several times to benefit from it.
6. Garlic, mushroom and onion are known to contain germanium which helps in preventing and curing this problem by oxygenation of cells.
7. In order to excrete toxins out of the system you can consume coenzyme Q10 orally. It is one of the efficient home remedies for fibrocystic breast.
8. Chaste tree berry also known as Angus Castus helps in balancing female hormones and is very helpful in treating fibrocystic breast.
9. Ginkgo bilboa increases blood circulation throughout the body, including breasts also. This herb is very helpful in reducing heaviness and swelling of the breasts.
10. Consume a diet of low fat and high fiber. This can prove to be very helpful in treating fibrocystic breast. Eat more of grapes, bananas, apricot and apple. Nuts, seeds, grains and beans are also very useful when consumed on regular basis.
11. Increase your intake of vitamin E by consuming soybean, almonds, wheat germ, oatmeal and leafy green vegetables.
12. Massage your lumps gently with primrose oil. This will prove to be very helpful in reducing the size of breast lumps.
13. To stop the further growth of the cysts and to prevent the formation of new ones, one should consume green tea on daily basis.
These were some of the effective home remedies for fibrocystic breast which are simple, cost-effective and safe to use.