Here is the perfect turkey burger for a backyard barbeque or picnic. Lean ground turkey mixed with fresh vegetables, egg and bread crumbs, and seasoned with herbs. Flavor rich burgers are grilled to perfection and served on your favorite hamburger bun or artisan bread. Serve this with a side salad or soup, with French fries or chips, and accompany this burger with shredded lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, and your favorite condiments.
It is fairly easy to tell if turkey is cooked through, the meat changes both color and texture. You can use a meat thermometer to be sure. Look for an internal temperature of 165 F. Lean ground beef or sirloin can be used in place of the ground turkey.
For an added treat use freshly roasted garlic paste as a substitute for the freshly minced garlic.
You could use 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped herbs for the dried herbs, if desired.
Garlic Onion Turkey Burgers
3 small White or Yellow Onions, peeled and finely diced
1 small Carrot, peeled and finely diced
3 Garlic Cloves, peeled and finely minced
1/2 cup Dry Bread Crumbs
1/3 cup Whole Milk
1 Large Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Coarse Salt
1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil
1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
3 pounds Lean Ground Turkey
12 Gourmet Style Large Hamburger Buns, split
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. Add diced onion, diced carrot and minced garlic to large bowl.
3. Stir in bread crumbs, whole milk, beaten egg, coarse salt, dried basil, dried thyme, and Worcestershire sauce to vegetables.
4. Crumble the turkey over the mixture. Using your hands, combine turkey with vegetable mixture.
5. Shape into 12 burger patties.
6. Away from heat, spray clean grill grate with cooking spray. Place grill grate on grill. Allow grate to get hot.
7. Grill turkey burger patties 5 minutes on each side, turning once.
8. Place turkey burgers on gourmet hamburger buns.
9. Serve with your favorite condiments.