Anemia Causes and Symptoms and Home Remedies and Diet for Anemia
Anemia is a blood disorder in which the hemoglobin count falls below the normal level resulting in a reduced oxygen carrying capacity of the red blood cells. The major causes for anemia are iron deficiency, damage in bone marrow, infections, blood loss, improper diet, lack of hydrochloric acid in the stomach etc. When the hemoglobin level is less than 13.5 gram per 100 ml for men and 12 gram per 100 ml for women, they are said to be anemic. Some of the symptoms associated with this Blood Disorder are Weakness, fatigue, lack of energy, dizziness, premature wrinkles, slow healing of wounds and palpitations etc.
Read more on Stress and Depression Remedies and Boost Immune System and also visit on Herbal Supplements
Generally the anaemic patients have these symptoms:
1. A tired look
2. Breathe Shortness on exertion
3. Deficient of Energy
Causes of anemia
The causes of Anaemia include:
1. Heavy blood loss because of bleeding piles or injury
2. Intestinal parasites
3. Not having enough Hydrochloric Acid in stomach
4. Reduced formation of RBC in bone marrow
5. Worms like Hookworms, Roundworms, Pinworms and Tapeworms
Home Remedies for Anemia
1. Mix 2 teaspoons each of apple cider vinegar and blackstrap molasses with water or tea to strengthen the blood.
2. The leaves of fenugreek help in blood formation. The cooked leaves should be taken by adolescent girls to prevent anaemia, which may occur due to the onset of puberty and menstruation. The seeds of fenugreek are also a valuable cure for anaemia, being rich in iron.
3. Honey is remarkable for building hemoglobin in the body. This is largely due to the iron, copper, and manganese contained in it.
4. Soya beans is rich in iron and also has a high protein value. As most anaemic patients usually also suffer from a weak digestion, it should be given to them in a very light form, preferably in the form of milk, which can be easily digested.
5. Lettuce is another effective remedy for this ailment as it contains a considerable amount of iron. It can, therefore, be used as a good tonic food for anaemia. The iron in it is easily absorbed by the body.
6. Spinach: This leafy vegetable is a valuable source of high grade iron. After its absorption, it helps in the formation of hemoglobin and red blood cells. It is thus beneficial in building up the blood, and in the prevention and treatment of anaemia.
7. Vitamin B12 is needed for preventing or curing anaemia. This vitamin is usually found in animal protein, especially in meats such as kidney and liver. There are, however, other equally good sources of vitamin B12 such as dairy products which also contain some B12.
Diet for Anemia
Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
For the patient of anemia liberal intake of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is necessary as it is good for the proper absorption of iron. Two citrus fruits are recommended as anemia diet daily. Indian Gooseberry (Amla) provides natural vitamin C. 5, which is good for health.
You should eat a diet which is rich in cereals, rice, pastas, dairy products such as milk, yogurt and cheese, vegetables and fruits, meat, poultry and fish, and finally dry beans, eggs, and nuts. This type of anemia diet has been proven to help boost the immune system.
You should make sure that your diet is rich in those food items that contains good amount of iron. You should eat plenty of iron rich food such as, liver, green leafy vegetable, beets, dried fruits, bran flake, oysters, brown rice, lentils and molasses, raisins, prunes; breads and pastas made from hole grain flour. These are some of the products of anemia diet.