. Many of us are concern about a common topic – hair loss. If you are not sure how to grow longer and healthier strands of hair, you should consider using home remedies for hair loss.
1. Aloe Vera – It is believes that the regular use of aloe vera gel activates the production of nitric oxide and contains an enzyme known as superoxide dismutane. Some experts feel that these two substances combine to stimulate hair regrowth in those suffering from male pattern type baldness.
2. Nettle Root Extract (Urtica dioica L): Nettle root extracts combined with pygeum extracts inhibit the production of dihydrotestosterone(DHT), the hormone responsible for causing male pattern baldness. These two extracts can also stop the production of estrogen, another hair loss causing hormone.
3. Don’t be fooled by the fact that phosphorus occurs naturally in the body. Phosphorus poisoning is a serious condition that can result in bone destruction and rapid death. Never take phosphorous without consulting a certified medical practitioner.
4. Saw palmetto and green tea can be used as home remedies for hair loss. These herbs block the production of a hormone which causes female and male pattern baldness. Green tea works best to stimulate natural hair regrowth when it is applied directly to the scalp and hair. Apply lavender tea to your scalp to relieve itchiness and to prevent your strands from becoming brittle.
5. Red pepper (Capiscum) – It helps to draw blood and nutrients to the scalp and encourages the release of histimines to stimulate cell division and hair regrowth.
6. Pygeum (Pygeum africanum): Pygeum, mixed with nettle root, acts as an inhibitor to conversion of the hormone testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which causes both male as well as female pattern baldness.
7. Safflower oil (Carthamus tinctorious) – Safflower oil applied to the scalp acts as a vasolidator that dilates blood vessels. This allows more blood to deliver nutrients to the hair follicle thus helps in promoting hair regrowth.
8. Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil prevents the blocking of hair follicle by acting as a cleansing agent for clearing the sebum from the scalp. This oil has unique antioxidant properties which protect the scalp and the hair roots. Use of Jojoba oil for hair and skin care is highly rewarding.
9. Olive oil is one of the most highly recommended natural remedies for hair loss. There is a good reason for that. It keeps the scalp healthy by penetrating deep into the pores to remove layers of dirt and debris which accumulate over time and clog the follicles causing the strands to start thinning.
Give yourself a hot oil treatment to coat your strands with protein and make them more resistant to breakage. Pour some olive oil into a pot and warm it up. Shampoo your hair with a natural shampoo. Rinse your hair and then apply the olive oil to your scalp and damp strands. The heat will allow your strands to absorb the olive oil. Leave it on for at least one hour.