Sometimes it may seem like your skin is impossible to manage, especially when you wake up and find a huge zit on your nose or a cold sore at the corner of your mouth. Fighting existing acne is alot harder and more expensive than preventing acne, so you should develop a daily skin care regimen to help you avoid acne breakouts. Your daily regimen does not have to be time consuming or expensive, but it does need to become a daily habit to be effective. Here are ten tips to clear skin.
1. Wash your face twice a day (no more) with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Gently massage your face with circular motions. Don’t scrub. Overwashing and scrubbing can cause skin to become irritated. After cleansing, the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recommends applying an over-the-counter (no prescription needed) lotion containing benzoyl peroxide. This will decrease oil and bacteria.
2. Exercise to become acne free or clear acne? Yep. It all goes back to removing toxins from your body. Exercise improves your circulation. Better circulation helps get those nasty toxins out of your body quicker, thus reducing the chance of buildup and clogging. Ideally, you should exercise five days a week for around a half hour. This will also help reduce stress, another common acne trigger.
3. Reduce intake of sugar carbohydrates and caffine: If your diet includes a lot of caffine,chocolates or high carb drinks,a change in your diet plan will go a long way in getting you an acne clear skin.
4. Reduce the use of cosmetics as much as possible. These clog pores. If you must wear makeup, make sure that you are using hypoallergenic products, or products for sensitive skin. Splash your face with cold water before applying, and make sure you wash all the makeup away before going to bed.
5. You hear it all the time – DRINK MORE WATER! It’s cliché, but it’s true. Water is not only good for your body, but also good for your skin. To help become acne free, it’s essential that you drink plenty of water. That means 6 to 8 glasses a day. This is one of the best natural acne treatment.
6. Avoid touching your face with your fingers or leaning your face on objects that collect sebum and skin residue like your phone. Touching your face can spread the bacteria that cause pores to become inflamed and irritated. To keep bacteria at bay, wash your hands before applying anything to your face, such as treatment creams or makeup.
7. Stress is bad for the skin. Just as good hormones and chemicals are produced and released when we sleep, bad hormones and chemicals are produced when we are stressed. Avoid stress as much as possible, and learn to do deep breathing exercises, or other stress reducing techniques, for those times when you are stressed.